Saturday, April 4, 2009

Kunming

Things have been getting started a bit slower here in Kunming than I had originally hoped for, but it is understandable. I have to reestablish trust and relationships and that takes time. I might have crossed the threshold this week and next weeks should pick up.

Over a month ago now my camera was stolen out of my pocket on a bus. With the camera gone I sort of lost my motivation to keep up on the blog. Well I have a new camera now. I also am trying out a new photo website. We will see how it goes.

I have started an herb garden, banana wine, spiced mead, and am currently trying to sprout wheat and barely. If the sprouting works, I will find a grinding apparatus, construct a solar oven and make some sprout bread. Tomorrow morning we are going in search of a wholesale grain and oil market.

Photos

1 comment:

grace said...

jason! your life sounds wonderful--needless to say, i am green with envy. do you know of any organization looking for an intern? i'm working next year and trying to find jobs in china or anywhere overseas. are you situated in a semi permanent settlement so i can send you something via post?